If you read any of my About Me kind of stuff, you know that I wrote the film column for my college for all four years I attended. And in that time, I watched a lot of movies. But that doesn’t mean I’ve seen everything out there–far from it. So here’s my List of Shame, aka the movies I still need to watch (I’ll get to them, I swear!).
- Kill Bill 1 & 2: I knocked a lot of Tarantino off my list in 2013–Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs. This year, I added Inglorious Basterds, which might be my favorite of all. But somehow, both Kill Bills have evaded me. I think it’s because I get bored with long movies unless I’m really into them, and the idea of watching TWO long movies keeps making me go ‘eh’. I know they’ll be good once I start watching them, it just hasn’t happened yet.
- Castaway: I like Tom Hanks, but I don’t go gaga over him the way a lot of people do. He’s a great actor, but not so great that I’ve felt the need to drop what I’m doing and see Castaway. That being said: I should probably fix that.
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou: I am ashamed of myself. (Any day now, Netflix…)
- Grave of the Fireflies: I really don’t like sad movies, but come on. I really need to see this one, even if I know it’ll destroy me emotionally.
- The Notebook: I hesitated to include this one, because I’ve seen it in pieces and parts, and I’ve seen all the famous scenes and know what it’s about and what happens in it, but I’ve never sat down and watched it beginning-to-end. To some, this is punishable by death, but Nicholas Sparks movies do absolutely nothing for me. I watched Safe Haven and it was exactly as overdramatic as I imagined it would be, complete with crazy exes and ghosts. No thanks.
- The original Godzilla: While I can claim to have seen the original King Kong, Phantom of the Opera, and am about to watch the original Nosferatu, (as well as the remakes) Godzilla has gotten away from me. Maybe someday!
- Frozen: I was done with this movie by the time it hit theaters. Blame Tumblr.
What are your movies that everyone says you need to see, but you still haven’t? Let me know in the comments!